English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Top Five All Time Favorite Production bikes. Second of Five. BMW R100GSPD

I'm going to go ahead and get this curve ball out of the way early.  I know more than a few of you might be scratching your heads a bit but hey it's my list and I freely admit that I have some inconsistent taste in bikes. I like em all.

Well, "back in the day", a South Florida dealer was clearing out old stock and had a sweet deal on a "Bumble Bee" black and yellow R100GS as the oilheads were on their way and he needed floorspace. I kick myself to this day for passing on it. Yeah I know the Bumble Bee wasn't a Paris / Dakar model but I kick myself just the same. The R100GSPD was the penultimate model in the air cooled GS lineup and in my mind THE class defining Adventure bike. I think I may own one yet.