English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Shrugs Off a West Texas Thunderstorm

2010_Ford_Taurus_before_the_storm2.jpg


It's late June so the whole state of Texas is baking near the century mark during the day. When I notice big cumulus clouds at the I-20/I-10 interchange, I figure our Gold Leaf 2010 Ford Taurus and I will be driving through a thunderstorm before I get to El Paso for the night.


I'm not disappointed. Those clouds quickly go all cumulonimbus. The storm is brief, but I'm struck by how quickly flash-flooding sets in. But here the P255/45R19 100V Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires on our Taurus Limited prove their worth. Nope, this is not a sporty car, but considering how much water is on the road (and that the windshield wipers can barely keep up with the torrential rain), the tires don't slip much. No hydroplaning. No hasty countersteering.


This is exactly what I'd expect from a safe, conservative, front-wheel-drive, full-size sedan and the 2010 Ford Taurus delivers.


2010_Ford_Taurus_before_the_storm.jpg 2010_Ford_Taurus_after_the_storm.jpg 2010_Ford_Taurus_rainbow.jpg



Ford, Road, Trips, Sedans, ford, taurus, limited, road, trip, Taurus